After working hard behind the scenes and listening to customer feedback over several years, Metro is in test mode on a beta version of our online trip planner – one that has an interactive map and many of the features riders have been asking for.
Did we say interactive map!? We sure did.
This version of the trip planner incorporates most every feature and function customers have requested over the years. But before it’s ready for prime time, we need customers to run it through its paces. Take a look at our beta-test site and send us feedback or comments via the “give feedback” button.
Our current online trip planner helps riders find the right regional transit itinerary more than 400,000 times each month. The feature people have requested most is a map – which in our new trip planner is front and center, making it easier to find locations, destinations and bus stops.
The improvement in tools and interface still draws on the same data and search engine.
- Plan a trip by typing in an address, choosing a landmark or clicking a point on a map.
- Multiple modes of travel can be specified (such as, Local & Express Bus, Rapid Transit, Water Taxi and Rail)
- Find out the next departure times for a specified stop.
- Display and print a route schedule for a specific day.
- View stops and route maps on the interactive map.
- Quickly find your way to/from landmarks in the region.
The beta version is intended for external testing of the trip planner in order to collect comments and suggestions from users. Please note that this beta version is not the final version of the product and therefore Metro cannot guarantee an absence of errors. This version has not been optimized for mobile use, but we are working on it. For the best user experience the Beta Trip Planner is best viewed in newer browsers, such as Firefox, Chrome, or IE 9+ on a desktop or laptop/notebook computer.